Addiction Treatment in Saratoga Springs, NY
Saratoga Springs is a quiet little town of 28,355 people. The fact that the town only spans 29 miles means that it’s a very dense and busting area. The median age in the town is about 40 years of age and boasts a low poverty rate of 5.02%. Facts like this would lead someone to believe that Saratoga is a completely peaceful town, and surely the nationwide opioid epidemic hasn’t affected this place at all. However, this doesn’t mean that Saratoga Springs is free from any problems. Substance addiction has reached even a peaceful town like this, so it’s as critical as ever to be aware of addiction treatment options in Saratoga Springs.
Drug Statistics on Saratoga Springs, NY
Drug and alcohol use can affect anyone of any age or financial background. It’s a misconception that drug abuse can only affect certain sectors of our society. Alcohol and opiates constitute the majority of substance abuse issues in Saratoga Springs. Therefore, you can find treatment programs for these substances and more. Below are a few important facts about addiction in Saratoga Springs:
- The National Survey of Drug Use and Health estimated that 7% of Saratoga’s citizens have an alcohol dependency
- The city has a higher binge-drinking rate at 19.8% than the rest of New York State at 17.4%
- Saratoga showed a 40% increase in opiate-related emergency room visits from the previous year
A lot of work goes into stemming the drug epidemic that people are facing across the large country. Only 6 treatment centers exist in Saratoga Springs, so we can help you find the best treatment center, wherever it is. To get started on your recovery journey, call us at 402-268-9960 and put together an agenda for your health today.
Seeking Addiction Treatment in the Saratoga Springs
With so few options available in Saratoga itself, most patients will have to spend some time traveling to a treatment facility outside of the town. The few locations within Saratoga offer a fairly diverse range of treatment, depending on what you’re looking for:
- No rehab centers in Saratoga Springs offer hospital inpatient services
- No outpatient detox services exist in Saratoga, but several standard and intensive treatment services can be found
- Several long term treatment programs are in the city, but only one short term program is available
- Multiple places in Saratoga will accept Medicare or Medicaid as payment, but only one facility offers payment assistance plans
- Anyone looking for special services like LGBTQ+ counseling or domestic abuse treatment will have to look outside Saratoga for these services
- Only one rehab in Saratoga has a SAMHSA-certified opioid treatment program
We can help you find the specific services outside of Saratoga Springs that you need. Just because it’s not offered in your hometown doesn’t mean you can’t have access to the right treatment. There are detailed explanations of the programs offered in your area on this website. Continue to read and see what kind of treatment fits your situation best.
Leaving Saratoga Springs, NY for Addiction Treatment
Saratoga is a small city, so only so much can be offered to the many victims of the growing opioid epidemic. Additionally, those with severe addiction or those addicted to substances like alcohol will want a long term residential treatment facility, which will require travel to another area. Getting to receive this treatment away from home is a huge boost to the mental health of a recovering patient. Think about where your addiction should get treated and read more about the benefits.
Receiving Treatment Somewhere Else
There are quite a few reasons to look for a treatment center in another town, or perhaps in a remote location altogether. If distance doesn’t cause any stress, then looking for a treatment facility all over the state could lead to the patient finding the best quality facility possible. The purpose of having a rehab center in a place outside your hometown is to help provide a judgment-free zone where the focus is always on recovering.
Traveling for addiction treatment helps impart to the patient that this is an important step in their lives that shouldn’t be taken lightly. In particular, it has been statistically proven that people who travel to receive treatment are more likely to finish the program in its entirety. Therefore, think about what location is best for you and your addiction needs.
Long term programs are usually abundant among treatment centers, but short term programs are more scarce and typically require travel. Concurrently, hospital inpatient programs are limited in Saratoga, so traveling outside the city for those will be the best bet. Outpatient programs can be found just about anywhere for those who need a flexible treatment plan schedule. We can help you find that vital treatment, wherever it’s located.
Packing your Bags for Treatment
Many positive mental aspects exist for rehab treatment in a new city. The new surroundings and faces are a sense of strength for patients that may find a hard time focusing on all the temptations back home. Here are just a few of the benefits that traveling for rehab treatment can provide:
- Getting a new start in life
- Traveling helps people stay committed to the overall goal of sobriety
- You gain a community of people who are going through exactly what you are
- A new place means a fresh start with privacy
- The opportunity to receive daily addiction and medical care
- The escape from your previous environment that could cause you to be tempted to relapse
There are trained addiction staff waiting nearby to help answer any questions you may have over the phone. Reach out and ask about even more benefits of traveling for rehab treatment.
What to Look for in a Treatment Center
A valuable rehab facility is going to have accreditation to treat people for drug and alcohol abuse. They should also be using evidence-based treatments to help their clients along the road to recovery. Aftercare services can be found in your area by getting connected with the rehab center towards the end of the program. Medicare and Medicaid are possible avenues of payment if you may be struggling with insurance coverage or finances. In certain cases, payment plans are offered by rehab centers themselves in order to help cash-strapped people. Regardless of what your needs are, let us know how we can help and connect you to the necessary assistance.
More Information about Saratoga Springs, NY
The opioid epidemic is a growing problem for residents of Saratoga. Drug addiction can seem like its controlling a person’s life and stripping them of their power to do anything about it. In reality, there are plenty of easy and local rehab addiction help options in Saratoga Springs, NY. In truth, all you have to do is know where to look, or who to get in contact with. Below are just a few of many benefits that treatment centers in the local area can provide:
- More time spent in the program receiving treatment means patients are more likely to complete the program
- When the rehab center that was visited is local it means that patients are more inclined to visit the aftercare services provided in the town/city
- An addiction treatment program closer to home allows loved ones to provide full encouragement to the patient
- A local treatment center allows patients to network with other addicts and build a community of support
Building a sense of togetherness through the thick and thin of drug addiction is an important step in making sure that clients leave rehab as prepared as possible for sobriety. This helps patients stay away from drugs and their temptations for good. Many more benefits can be found for seeking treatment locally.
Alcohol addiction in Saratoga has been rising, but can be treated with the right rehab center at the right time. If you or a loved one are suffering from addiction, let us know and we can help you find the rehab center that fits your needs and budget. Addiction staff are waiting to answer any questions you might have about rehab or addiction. You could make a huge difference in someone’s life today simply by calling 402-267-9960 for a quick and easy conversation about how to get started recovering.