Addiction Treatment in Syracuse, NY
Syracuse’s 26 historical neighborhoods reflect the diversity present throughout the city, and our country as a whole. The town is also known as the home of Syracuse University, known for college basketball. It’s also one of the educational and commercial hubs of New York state. The neighborhoods of Syracuse are finding an increasing flow of drugs into their communities, but also has addiction treatment programs available. For instance, opioids like heroin, fentanyl, and oxycodone have been increasing in addiction and overdose rate over the last several years in Syracuse, and the trend has been identical nationwide.
Drug Statistics on Syracuse, NY
Opioids are any substance, organic or synthetic, that derives from the substance opium and the poppy plant. Drugs like fentanyl are renowned for their potency and don’t take much to turn someone into an addict or a potential overdose victim. Heroin is also a major contributor to addiction and overdose levels. These substances and many more are what you can find treatment for in or around Syracuse. Here are a few drug facts about Syracuse:
- 44 Onondaga County citizens died of opioid drug overdoses in the first six months of 2019
- In 2018, 101 people died from overdose in and around Syracuse, NY
- Over 70% of all Onondaga County overdose deaths in 2018 were from fentanyl
The nationwide problem of drug addiction and opioid overdose can be mitigated by the work of many dedicated rehab staff. There are plenty of options both in Syracuse and all over New York state that can help you or a loved one reach your goal of sobriety. Around 20 rehab centers exist in Syracuse itself to help, so treatment is not far away. Additionally, we can help get you connected to this treatment as well as answer any questions. Call 402-268-9960 and see how you can turn your life around today.
Syracuse, NY Addiction Treatment
Syracuse doesn’t have as many rehab facility options as other cities in New York state, but the ones that do exist do a pretty good job of providing a diverse range of effective services to their residents. Here is a list below of what services you can expect to find in Syracuse:
- A handful of different centers offer hospital inpatient detox and treatment services
- While only several outpatient detox center can be found, there are many more standard and intensive outpatient care facilities to choose from
- Multiple short term and long term programs can be found for those that need them within Syracuse
- Lots of different centers accept Medicare and Medicaid, but only one treatment center in Syracuse will offer a payment plan as a form of financial assistance
- There are also several centers that offer treatment for specific groups of people. Such as those who identify with the LGBTQ+ community and those who have suffered from abuse.
- Some places also offer treatment for opioid addiction with programs that are SAMHSA certified.
If you are looking for a specific set of services or treatment center in or around Syracuse, we can help you find them. While services are plentiful, options may still be limited in the city itself for rehab centers. Read more about 30-day, 60-day, and 90-day addiction treatment programs and see what length of program best fits you.
Leaving Syracuse for Addiction Treatment has Benefits
Syracuse is the 5th largest city in New York state, but it’s still much smaller than the big New York City itself. When someone is in the middle of painful drug addiction and they need the best help possible, sometimes the best option is seeking treatment outside your hometown. Receiving important addiction treatment away from home helps many addict recover in relative peace and quiet. Think about looking for addiction care in the surrounding Syracuse area.
The Peacefulness of Getting Out of Town
Traveling to a rehab center to receive the vital care that you need is a huge boost to a patient’s psyche for a number of different reasons. If the location isn’t a factor, then the patient can look for the highest quality treatment center to travel to. Some rehab programs are even meant to be in more remote locations, this way clients can receive some rest away from the stressfulness of everyday life.
Taking the time to travel to a rehab center helps nail into the patient’s head that this is a completely new stage in their lives. Furthermore, a patient that moves to a new environment to attend treatment has a higher likelihood of completing the treatment. This is because everyday distractions have been taken away and the only focus that remains is healing.
Long term and short term programs can both be found within Syracuse and the surrounding area. On one hand, hospital inpatient programs are can be found for patients who need a residential live-in scenario. On the other hand, there are plenty of outpatient programs up and down New York state for those that need it. Whatever your unique situation is, we are here to help you find what you are looking for.
Traveling from Syracuse for Addiction Treatment
Rehab treatment in a new location provides many psychological positives for a new and recovering addict. Being thrown into a new environment in order to make a big life change like sobriety helps some patients adjust to their new lifestyle. Below are just some advantages as to what a remote treatment facility can provide:
- A fresh start in a new city
- Traveling helps serve as motivation to complete the program
- The chance to be surrounded by other individuals who truly understand what you are going through as they as well are healing from addiction
- A remote facility that can respect your privacy
- The opportunity to receive medical and addiction care 24/7
- Getting away from the temptations that caused the addiction
An addiction expert can speak with you over the phone to explain even more benefits and answer any related questions you may have.
What to Look for in a Treatment Center
What does a great rehab facility look like? First of all, make sure that it’s an accredited facility that can treat anyone for drug or alcohol abuse. Evidence-based treatment is the backbone of any great facilities’ practices. These centers are also a great resource for finding more about aftercare services in your area. For those with financial difficulties, Medicare and Medicaid are possible and commonly accepted forms of payment. Sometimes the rehab center itself is willing to provide a payment plan for some clients. There is a lot of complex information to sort through, so give us a call and let us help you sort it all out.
Alternatives Close to Home
The opioid epidemic has hit Syracuse hard, but it’s also a problem for just about every major city across the United States. Addiction is something that can hijack even the most robust lives and can make it seem like everything is hopeless. However, there are plenty of treatment options for those in Syracuse that want to get better. Here are just a few of the many reasons to seek out addiction treatment in your area:
- By spending more time in a local outpatient program, the likelihood goes up that the program will be completed
- Aftercare support services are more likely to get referrals if it’s from a rehab center in the surrounding area
- Receiving treatment closer to home allows family and friend to provide support to their loved one
- Local treatment has the added benefit of connecting you with other recovering addicts in the area to share stories and support
A sense of community and shared responsibility is an important part of connecting with others during a rehab experience. Likewise, much of what goes into rehab treatment is designed to not only get the patient off of drugs but to know how to stay away from them in the future. There are many more benefits to receiving treatment locally, so call the number below if you have more questions.
The drug overdoses in Syracuse can be prevented by getting addicts the addiction treatment they need before something bad happens. If you know someone who may be suffering from addiction, then give us a quick phone call to start creating an action plan for this person’s life. A professional in the industry will be able to take any questions you may have about the process. All it takes to get someone’s life turned around is a quick phone call, so call us today at 402-267-9960 and fight back against the opioid epidemic.