Help Care Addiction Recovery- Call (646) 930-7325 and Find Help Now!
Interventions are one of the best approaches for getting addicts into a rehabilitation (rehab) treatment program. If there’s someone in your life who you think is addicted to drugs or alcohol, somebody who isn’t how you remember as a result of their habit, Intervention Center New York, NY can provide a way to start helping them into recovery. Watching an addict suffer and fight can be a miserable process, particularly if you’re a family member or loved one. You may be asking yourself, “How can I help my loved one get healthy again,” and “What’s my role in the recovery process?” Typically, family members and loved ones of an addict care a lot about the addict, but they are fed up with being used, tired of being misled, exhausted with saying no to the addict and others who may be codependent on the addict’s behavior. You can’t be afraid of confrontation: fear must not stop you from taking action. Call Help Care Addiction Recovery at 646 930-7325 for information about interventions and how to set one up.
What’s an Intervention?
An intervention is a counseling meeting that’s well-organized, and seeks to convince an addict to go into a rehab facility to address their addiction problems. Family members, friends, clergy members, coaches, or other people that are concerned about the addict combine forces to confront the addict regarding the effects of their substance addiction, and urge them to obtain therapy for their drug and/or alcohol addiction. Program intervention is used to provide the addict with an opportunity to get assistance and save their own life. This is especially effective when the addict doesn’t recognize that they’ve got a problem or is simply unwilling to seek treatment. There are several topics that need to be addressed during an intervention:
- explicit examples of bad behavior and how it has affected the addict and their family members
- the therapy plan along with goals and guidelines that the addict is expected to observe
- the consequences the addict will face from every participant if the addict won’t enter a therapy facility of some kind
The four different kinds of interventions are simple, crisis, classical, and family system:
- A simple intervention is ‘simply’ asking someone to quit their life-threatening behavior; this approach must be done before another more difficult intervention is tried.
- In dangerous, precarious situations, such as reckless driving, violence, or intense drug addiction, it’s best to make use of a crisis intervention.
- Classical interventions focus on a single person, the goal being that they immediately agree to enter rehab due to the intervention.
- Family system interventions direct the focus on the entire family, and getting them to adjust their behaviors. Since substance abuse and domestic violence frequently combine to create socially dysfunctional living environments, everyone involved will need help changing their behaviors.
What Is the Difference Between an Intervention and Therapy?
Though both are very important for the recovery process, it’s crucial to remember that there’s a major difference between an intervention and therapy. Addiction Intervention New York considers intervention a process whereby family and friends persuade a family member, friend, or loved one to enter a rehab treatment facility so that they can overcome their drug and/or alcohol addiction. An intervention is not the same as treatment, and will not be enough to make an addict quit abusing drugs or alcohol without additional rehabilitation. Rehab centers, like Substance Abuse Rehabs NY, teach the addict about the illness of drug and alcohol addiction and provide them with the skills and methods they’ll need to manage long term recovery. Addiction Rehabilitation Recovery recommends that an addict agree to enter a treatment program on the very same day as their intervention.
For Assistance Now, Call Help Care Addiction Recovery!
Nothing is more frustrating or frightening than standing by as a loved one struggles with drug dependency. Alcoholic rehabilitation Treatment Centers can help find an interventionist that will insure the intervention is a planned event that focuses the combined efforts of friends and family on helping their loved one fight addiction. Help Care Addiction Recoverycan also help with locating treatment facilities around the United States, or explaining about drug addiction in general. Call 646-930-7325 now to help a loved one get the support they so desperately need!